January 5, 2012

Dragon Fruit



I bought a dragon fruit this week.  I've never tried one and thought they looked cool, and I've heard they have tons of vitamins and antioxidants.  Todd was not happy because they were $2.58 each and he thought I probably wouldn't like it anyway (he is usually right). 
A Mexican man at the store said they were "dulce".  Not true. I found it to be very bland... so I didn't end up eating it.  Instead I cut it up and put it in the freezer for smoothies. At least it's pretty to look at, right?

3 comments:

mom said...

looks like poppyseed inside

Jenny O said...

I love how it looks like a heart in that first photograph... I may need to work with that...

Sarah Walker said...

I ate these all the time in China...they are really good served with a citrus fruit, the citrus brings out more of the flavor. Otherwise, I agree, they are pretty bland. I think they are so fun how they are crazy and colorful on the outside and just plain black and white in the middle!