April 15, 2011

The Waiting Game


One of my favorite trees in our neighborhood.  As dead and terrible as this tree looks now, I promise you that in just a couple of short months it's going to be lush and green and pretty.  Just as long as we get some nice weather I guess. But will we ever get nice weather? It feels like we are doomed to rain and gloom for forever.  Patience has never come easy for me and it's being put to the test in my life in many ways right now.
The forecast is calling for a few consecutive days of sun and warmer-ish temperatures next week.  I am counting on it being true, for sanity's sake and for the sake of this tree.  When (or if) this tree comes back to life I will post another picture. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that tree! Reminds me of a weeping willow (which I love), but those are smaller - right? We need a small, slow growing tree for the back yard. Do you know what kind this one is?

Tara McArthur said...

I have no idea what kind it is. I will have to try and catch our illusive neighbors to see if they know!