October 19, 2011

Homemade Bread & Lentil Soup





I have been disgusted by chicken so far while I've been pregnant.  Since most of my recipes include chicken, I've been having to come up with healthy meals that involve other kinds of meat or no meat.  This meal turned out ok.
The recipe for the bread is from the book "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" that I got from the library. Mine always seems to turn out kind of lopsided. 
The lentil soup recipe can be found here.  It was pretty tasty. I especially liked the flavor from the vinegar added at the end.

If you have any chicken-less dinner recipes that are good, feel free to send them my way.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Chicken disgusted me while pregnant too! I didn't cook for months. Sometimes the thought of chicken still makes me sick :) I have some great chicken-less recipes somewhere, i will dig them out and email you some! Also, I love your pictures they always look so lovely.