April 20, 2012

With A Little Help




"Happy" one month you two!

It's been a little rough.  I'm not going to lie.  Jude has really found his voice this past week (Ivy always had hers).  Trying to comfort two screaming babies is trying business, let me tell you.  For a few days I found myself crying right along with them.  I have tried not to let it get to me, but really I just feel bad that I can't give them enough attention. The lack of sleep also doesn't help things. Thankfully we have had family come over a lot these past few days.  Just getting more than two hours of consecutive sleep has made a world of difference (thanks mom!).  Today I feel like a brand new woman...ready to care for my babies with joy rather than tears.

Also, I don't know what we would have done this past month with out all of the help with meals.  Friends, neighbors, and family have been so gracious to us.  We are very thankful.

Some new things to note:
Jude is really filling out and his hair has grown a ton.  He also smiles in his sleep quite a bit, which is just adorable.  I can't wait for the real smiles.
Ivy is eating very very well, more like a newborn than a preemie.  This gives me hope that we can be done with bottles soon!  And when she is calm, her eyes really shine and she takes on this serene look.  It's really beautiful.



2 comments:

Lauren b. said...

Love this post Tara! You are so funny and honest!! You are doing a fabulous job with your babies...the photos crack me up!!

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hang in there, Tara. They won't always cry. You are the best mom they could ever have. Sleep whenever you can :). We love you and your family!
~ Julie